Along with exercise, eating a balanced and nutritious diet is the key to keeping your body fit and healthy. We know we should be eating more fruit and vegetables and yet many of us still struggle to hit our 5-a-day quota.
Sweet potatoes – one of your 5-a-day – really do pack a punch nutritionally.
- They are a rich source of vitamins A and C, and minerals, most specifically beta-carotene (especially the orange and purple flesh variety).
- They have low carbohydrate content, which means they release sugars into the body more slowly (great for that exercise class).
- They are a good source of soluble fibre.
- They are anti-oxidant rich which aids anti-ageing.
- They are being researched to ascertain their reported anti-cancer components.
Overall a good egg…. or sweet potato. Make them one of your 5-a-day.
For more information on the health and nutritional benefits of Sweet Potatoes please visit the Australian Sweet Potato Growers website: http://www.aspg.com.au/index-1.html
Sweet Potato Juice is also receiving a lot of attention recently for its health benefits. For more information please you can read an interesting article by The Juice Nut at: www.thejuicenut.com/sweet_potato_juice__the_juice_nut.aspx