New Sweet Potato
We love Sweet Potatoes, but Bonita has by far the best flavour we have ever eaten.
• Bonita has bright white flesh is perfect for traditional potato dishes as well as making sweet potato French Fries
• Has a uniquely sweet and flaky texture and taste like a potato, but with all the health benefits of a sweet potato
• As a natural super food sweet potato provides many essential nutrients including Vitamin B6, Potassium and iron
Specialising in the production of premium grade gold sweet potatoes 12 months of the year. We take personal pride in providing customers with a safe, clean, fresh and outstanding product in a world-class sustainable way.
Sweet potatoes are the most versatile vegetable consumed in Australia today. They can be used in soups, salad, stir-fries, roasts, on the BBQ and in deserts.
At Windhum Farms we not only grow sweet potatoes, we also grow potatoes and pumpkins. Sweet potatoes are grown and harvested all year, while we plant our Sebago potatoes around March. These are usually ready for harvest in early July. Our Jap pumpkins are usually harvested in the winter months, when demand for this product in our southern markets is usually reasonably high.
Year-round production of our sweet potatoes means:
• Consumers can confidently purchase freshly dug sweet potatoes all year.
• Retailers can rely on continuous supply of consistent quality.
• There is no need to store sweet potatoes in cold storage (like other seasonal
fruits and vegetables). This means there is always a fresh, high quality product available on the market.