Windhum Farms is proud of its reputation for supplying, fresh, clean and most importantly safe vegetables to our customers. Due to this we are committed to environmentally responsible practices in all aspects of our farming operation. We take pride in looking after our soil and environmental health, which in turn contributes to the overall health of our crops. We continually seek to improve environmental sustainability of our farm and use crop protection products only when absolutely necessary and always with proper care. We also focus our attention on water quality and water use efficiency.
We strive to create and maintain a safe working environment for not only staff, but also the community in which we live. Windhum Farms continues to reduce any impact on the environment by trying to develop and employ approaches that are appropriate and effective under local conditions to make significant progress towards our goals. We are committed to supplying our customers with quality and safe produce whilst maintaining continuous environmental improvements.
We strive to:
- Provide customers with a safe, clean, high quality product.
- Comply with all laws and regulations.
- Prevent adverse impacts from our operation on the environment.
- Conserve resources and reduce or reuse our waste.
- Prevent accidents and illness, and protect human health and safety.